The Account Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and supporting an efficient working environment for the accounts for which they are assigned. S/he will keep communication channels clear and open among members of the assigned account group, as well as other departments within the agency. S/he will also monitor the workflow within the Account Team to insure work in progress is completed in a timely and efficient manner. The Account Coordinator works under the direction of Account Manager to learn strategy, support in presentations and account management skills.
- Communicates effectively in both a verbal and written manner; proofing work of oneself and others.
- Ascertains the client’s needs and effectively communicate them back to both the client, Account Team and agency resources.
- Maintains direct, timely and appropriate communications with the Account Manager and/or client through conference reports, status updates, etc.
- Understand and follow all agency procedures.
- Ensure that accurate time sheets are kept and submitted in a timely basis for oneself and Account Team.
- Remain knowledgeable about the operations of the agency as a whole.
- Explain procedures and operations to others within the department on the assigned accounts.
- Support the Account Manager as needed to build rapport and credibility with client based upon trust and expert counsel.
- Build positive and lasting relationships based upon achievement of the client’s objectives in a manner profitable to the agency.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the client’s business and industry.
- Receive strategic planning and direction on assigned accounts.
- Remain alert to new opportunities to grow the business.
- Utilize appropriate agency resources as needed to complete work for the client.
- Coordinate production of client and business development projects with any or all agency resource areas such as creative, technology and media.
- Take ownership of projects by managing the day-to-day operations of projects directed by the Account Manager.
- Develop production schedules and complete timelines for creative projects that balances client and agency needs.
- Think through implications and develops next steps during meetings, conversations or whenever project parameters change.
- Take ownership for team communication; keep entire team informed of project status and/or changes.
- Show attention to detail in project management; ensure team’s action items are completed.
- Respond quickly and effectively to client questions, requests and needs.
- Build strong, flexible relationships with clients; establish credibility and win confidence of clients.
- Maintain a high level of organization to all projects on the assigned account.
- Maintain accurate financial records and spreadsheets of actual costs versus budget under the direction of the Account Manager.
- Take overall ownership of assigned accounts and processes vs. relying on others.
- Look for ways to contribute and add value to the assigned accounts and Account Team.
- Has Fun!
Skills and Qualifications
- B.A. in related discipline
- Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and Access)
- Interpersonal Communication (written and verbal)
- Prefer one year of previous applicable marketing/agency experience