The Event Coordinator is responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative and operational duties, including assisting in proposal development, scheduling staff for programs, and assisting in the design and execution of events as needed.
- Tracks status of upcoming programs, gathering program information to assist Event Manager with program assignments.
- Determines staff work assignments under supervision of Event Manager, based on program schedule and staffing needs. Confirms the contract staff work schedules, at least 60 days in advance when possible.
- Responsible, along with Event Managers resource libraries are current, complete, and available for team to use at any time.
- Determines venues based on program needs with the Event Managers. Place and keep track of necessary holds specific to dates/time with suppliers for tentative and confirmed business and release those holds when applicable on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain business relationships supplier/partner relationships.
- Provides backup support to Event Managers by assisting with program development. May include program development, cost preparation, program summaries/deposit invoices, site inspection creation, service agreements, post event marketing materials, and related correspondence. (In the case of being assigned to the association management accounts, all aspects of correspondence and budgeting duties.)
- Keep accurate notes in program files of all correspondence between clients and suppliers.
- Assists with advancing as requested.
- Assists Event Managers with completion of paperwork, such as check requests, service agreements, invoicing, job costing, etc.
- Maintains inventory and materials and coordinates purchases of additional equipment as required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- One (1) year work experience in a DMC, incentive travel, event planning company, or related field, in an operations capacity, preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Extensive computer knowledge including database, word processing (40 words per minute), spreadsheet development using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate with multiple suppliers, internal staff and Contract Staff during program development stages.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to track status of programs.
- Ability to communicate through email and cell phone with staff and suppliers.
- Knowledge of local area hotels and venues.
- A college degree or certificate in event planning or related field is helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Works well with management, peers, clients, suppliers and contract staff.
- Ability to work flexible hours; weekends, evenings, holidays.
- Ability to work within deadline constraints and set priorities.
- Must be highly organized.
- Possess a professional manner and appearance when representing Yes& with clients, supplier/partners, and/or the community.
- Professional skills in public relations, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities and work assignments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of business ethics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to anticipate and deal with problems involving few concrete variables in a typical office situation/field environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk in this position.
- They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.