Yes& is looking for an Events Assistant primarily focusing on the administrative, logistical and operational assignments of our Federal Advisory Boards. The position will be responsible for supporting the planning and management of tasks in the lead up to our Federal Advisory Boards; responsible for handling any client-related inquiries for scheduled events and calendar planning with board members; responsible for tracking of all deliverables and any speaker outreach prior to meeting day, and managing any creative requests pre-and-post meeting.
The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned accounts/programs. Events are between 15 - 30 participants per event and average 20-25 annually. There will also be opportunities to support the larger events team outside of the Federal Advisory Boards so the candidate can learn about other events.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for participant tracking, travel and hotel reservations where necessary.
- Extend speaker invitations and follow up, act as liaison until confirmation.
- Manage marketing plan and/or creative requests by executing planned communication topics in collaboration with event leads, content director and graphic design.
- Ensure supplies are prepped prior to event day and shipped to event space. Maintain inventory and keep storage areas organized.
- Coordinate and run day-of registration. Ensure all registration information is accurate and up to date.
- Take action on any post-event tasks or action items.
Experience You Need
- Associate’s Degree; hospitality, event management, communications or marketing preferred
- 1 year professional office experience; event, customer service or hospitality preferred
- Strong interest in meetings and events
- Experience in handling and prioritizing multiple tasks and excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint