The Intern, Events Assistant, will be responsible for handling any client-related inquiries for scheduled events and calendar planning with client points of contact; responsible for tracking of all deliverables and any speaker outreach prior to meeting day, and managing any creative requests pre-and-post meeting.
There will also be opportunities to support the larger events team outside of the position's responsibilities so the candidate can learn about events management.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for participant tracking, travel and hotel reservations where necessary.
- Extend speaker invitations and follow up, act as liaison until confirmation
- Manage marketing plan and/or creative requests by executing planned communication topics in collaboration with event leads, content director and graphic design
- Coordinate and run day-of registration. Ensure all registration information is accurate and up to date
- Take action on any post-event tasks or action items
Experience You Need
- Strong interest in meetings and events
- Experience in handling and prioritizing multiple tasks and excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as Google Suite products
Experience That Would be a Plus, but not Required
- Associate’s Degree; hospitality, event management, communications or marketing preferred
- 1 year professional office experience; event, customer service or hospitality preferred
Values You Share With Us
- Working within a diverse team environment
- Crafting solutions for internal and external processes
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and / or clients
- A mix of collaboration and self-direction in work