Yes& is looking for a Public Relations Account Coordinator who will assist the public relations accounts team in coordinating public relations plans for agency clients. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple accounts by taking ownership of client coverage reports, developing media lists, monitoring trends, reviewing publications, and some media relations support.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the coordination of public relations campaigns and project activities.
- Acquire knowledge of client’s business through online databases, publications, associations/research organizations and monitor their trends and developments.
- Assist with coordination of new business presentations, preparation of meeting reports, team calendar and preparation of budgets.
- Write basic media advisory and press releases; promotions; new business announcements; etc.
- Provide support in all logistical areas of new business pitches and Requests For Proposals by preparing materials, including power point presentations.
- Analyze previous client campaigns and problems and report results to account executive.
- Proofread copy, blue lines and other media for accuracy.
- Provide account staff with copies of monthly invoices for review.
- Assist with developing major client budgets.
Experience You Need
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in journalism, public relations or a related field required.
- One year of related work experience required.
Experience You Might Have
- Internship in the field and / or training in print / production / design process or media preferred.