Yes&, a full-service creative marketing agency, is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our team of strategic experience creators. As a seasoned designer, you will collaborate with researchers, strategists, writers, and developers to create innovative digital work for our clients, creating deeper meaning and greater possibilities for their brands. Yes& values attentive partnerships with our clients and we welcome people who will thrive in a dynamic Big Idea environment.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will have a deep knowledge of and passion for designing sustainable and maintainable digital systems with a keen sensitivity to helping our clients make progress towards their goals.
You will apply your design chops along with your critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, collaborative nature, and empathy to understanding and advocating for our clients' (and their stakeholders' and audiences’) goals, needs, and challenges.
Your work will help to solve real problems through meaningful and impactful design.
- You will be building design systems for websites and other digital products and creating digital brand identities.
- You will be participating in client workshops. This involves supporting and sometimes leading participatory exercises that create empathy with the client and supportthe user experience research.
- You will be presenting your own work to clients—who better than you? You should be an excellent presenter who can articulate your work and vision clearly.
- You will be passing your work off to other members of the team. This should be done thoughtfully, carefully, timely, and completely—with a never-flagging sense of kindness.
- You will be designing with accessibility and inclusion standards and considerations in mind. We are strong believers in the accessibility of our work and have made it part of everything we do.
- You will contribute to the culture of the office, supporting your coworkers and helping to make Yes& a wonderful place to work.
- You will bring your skills, passion, and moxie to make Yes& better than we are without you.
- In addition to your role as a practitioner, you will be expected to actively participate in growing the overall design culture and practice of the team, and to communicate our shared philosophies to the world. It’s about being an active member of this vibrant creative community and an ambassador for the good work we do.
What You Should Already Have, Know, and Do
- You should be passionate and excited about composition, color theory, typography, grid systems, responsive design, transitional interfaces, accessibility standards, industry best practices, and all the other special details that make websites and applications look and feel great.
- You should have deep experience in and excitement around designing digital products, especially websites.
- You should be a natural problem solver.
- You should have strong experience in creating digital brand identities, design systems and implementation roll outs.
- You should be an innovative thinker and be on the pulse of the latest trends.
- You should have experience in conceptualizing creative work across disparate mediums.
- You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You should be experienced in creating design documentation—outlining requirements for both developers and clients.
- Youd should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You should be comfortable with client communication. Clients should feel confident in you and your ability to help them navigate through the design phase of their project.
- You should be comfortable with an iterative design process that includes soliciting, accepting, and managing feedback and constructive criticism, and experience working in a cross-disciplinary team setting.
- You should be proficient to excellent at creating wireframes and collaborating with other members of the UX team in their creation.
- You should be able to self-manage through taking ownership and responsibility of a project.
- Mastery of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and Sketch is a requirement.
- You should have a good understanding of designing for content management systems as well as communication skills around front-end web development.
- 5+ years of previous relevant UX/UI design experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to pass a Public Trust Security Clearance
Values You Should Share with Us
- Working within a diverse team environment
- Crafting solutions for internal and external processes
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and / or clients
- A mix of collaboration and self-direction in work
Yes& is a remote-first, hybrid office environment. This role can be fully remote.
If you would like to join our team, we’d love to hear from you! We strongly encourage qualified applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.