Strategy: This task will involve creation/development of a social media strategy and an action plan.
- Respond to and create new posts for client across social media channels.
- Assist in the creation of a set of social media standards and guidelines for the department.
- Assist in the creation of an editorial calendar.
Content Management: This task will involve daily updates including long format feature stories and near real time uploads for timely/breaking stories. Specialist will:
- Manage the content on the following platforms: Twitter using HootSuite, Facebook, YouTube, NextDoor, Instagram, and WordPress
- Repackage content from press releases and other sources to form accurate reporting on events and activities.
- Pull images from PA sources and/or existing library.
- Update content on the blog using WordPress.
- Copy edit all content.
- Able to modify basic graphics to reflect a consistent brand.
- Create and schedule weekend content for social media.
- Incorporate feedback on posts to inform action by client including a daily list of feedback/action items from SM audiences.
Metrics and Measurement: This task will involve in-depth analysis of all SM platforms working independently and together.
- Pull regular statistics and analytics from each platform.
- Analyze quantitative metrics including: post timing, successful posts vs unsuccessful, and types of audiences.
- Measure trends over time.
- Recommend changes based on data to improve social media approach.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years direct professional experience posting, measuring and reporting social media.
- 4-year College degree required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organized with an attention to detail, deadlines, and budgets.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information.
- Candidates will be subject to a background/suitability check.
- Experience with Workamajig (or similar project-management tool).
- Prior experience with government accounts, with agency experience.
- Excellent prior client management and relationships.
- Multitasker, team player, personable, and goal-driven.
- Flexible and organized with a positive, can-do attitude.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to solve practical problems and deal with variables, interpret and follow a variety of written or oral instructions, use basic concepts to solve business problems associated with the role, and use and understand computer programs to analyze and solve business issues.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, hear, and frequently use his or her hands and arms to handle, feel, type, and reach. Specific vision requirements of this job include the ability to see closely and adjust focus. The work environment is an office setting, and noise in the work environment ranges from quiet to low levels due to our highly collaborative office culture.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.