The Web Developer assists on interactive projects by providing user experience design support and web development programming support to the UX Director.
This role calls for talent combined with a team-oriented personality; someone who can consistently deliver high quality results based on a working knowledge of best practices and who can operate with little supervision, yet knowing when to ask for assistance.
This have varied responsibilities based on the project type and the team(s) involved. The primary responsibility will be to help with CMS development (primarily WordPress) and assistance with front-end coding. Some user experience design and information architecture work will occur as well.
- Work closely with internal project stakeholders to meet client objectives.
- Able to present ideas to both internal and external teams.
- Responsible for the integrity of projects.
- Supports on both front end and back end development for projects
- Works with and occasionally coordinates with both internal digital teams and external development vendors.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience working with large and small website projects for a variety of types of organizations.
- Practical experience:
- Experience creating wireframes and sitemaps for website projects.
- Possesses HTML, CSS, and other front-end development skills.
- Possesses working knowledge of PHP
- Experience with WordPress and some Drupal experience
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.